Practitioner Code of Ethics
- I believe the animals are equal partners in the healing process.
- I honor the animals as being not only my clients, but also my teachers in the journey of healing.
- I understand that all animals have physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects, to which Reiki can bring profound healing responses.
- I believe that bringing Reiki to the human/animal relationship is transformational to the human view of the animal kingdom.
- I dedicate myself to the virtues of humility, integrity, compassion and gratitude in my Reiki practice.
In working on myself, I follow these practices;
- I incorporate the Five Reiki Precepts into my daily life and Reiki practice.
- I commit myself to a daily practice of self-healing and spiritual development so that I can be a clear and strong channel for healing energy.
- I nurture a belief in the sacred nature of all beings, and in the value and depth of animalkind as our partners on this planet.
- I listen to the wisdom of my heart, remembering that we are all One.
In working in the community, I hold the following goals;
- I model the values of partnership, compassion, humility, gentleness and gratitude in my life and with the animals, teaching by example.
- I work to create professional alliances and cooperative relationships with other Reiki practitioners/teachers, animal health-care providers and animal welfare organizations in my community.
- I strive to educate my community in its understanding of the benefits of Reiki for animals.
- I continually educate myself to maintain and enhance my professional competence so that I uphold the integrity of the profession.
- I consider myself an ally to the veterinary and animal health community. I work to support their efforts in achieving animal wellness and balance. I honor other disciplines and their practitioners.
In working with human companions of the animals, I will;
- Share information before the treatment about my healing philosophy, the Reiki healing system and what to expect in a typical treatment, as well as possible outcomes, including the possibility of healing reactions.
- Provide a clear policy ahead of time regarding fees, length of treatment and cancellation policy, as well as “postponement” policy, should the animal not want the treatment that day.
- Never diagnose. I will always refer clients to a licensed veterinarian when appropriate.
- Honor the privacy of the animals and their human companions.
- Share intuition received during Reiki treatments, with compassion and humility, for the purpose of supporting their understanding of the healing process.
- Respect the human companion’s right to choose the animal’s healing journey, selecting the methods, both holistic and/or conventional that he or she deems most appropriate, with the support and advice of a trusted veterinarian.
In working with animals, I follow these guidelines;
- I work in partnership with the animal.
- I always ask permission of the animal before beginning, and respect his or her decision to accept or refuse any treatment. I listen intuitively and observe the animal’s body language in determining the response.
- I allow each animal to choose how to receive his or her treatment; thus each treatment could be a combination of hands-on, short distance and/or distant healing, depending on the animal’s preference.
- I let go of my expectations about how the treatment should progress and/or how the animal should behave during the treatment, and simply trust Reiki.
- I accept the results of the treatment without judgment and with gratitude toward Reiki and the animal’s openness and participation in the process.
Copyright © 2007 , Animal Reiki Source.
Developed by Kathleen Prasad. Founder Animal Reiki Source